Hi! My name is Santiago
I am licensed by the Health Department of Lichtenberg to practice psychotherapy according to the Heilpraktikergesetz and have a BSc in Psychology with a focus in Clinical Psychology (UNAM, Mexico).
I have professional experience with children and adolescents with disabilities, in psychosocial counseling, neuropsychological diagnosis, and in research for the public health system in Germany. I have trained in humanistic-existential approaches and mindfulness and have facilitated courses on non-violence and peace.
What can you expect from me?
- A friendly and humble approach
- Warm and embracing attitude
- Compassionate attitude towards conflict
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Multilingual counseling (English, Spanish and German)
- Experience and knowledge regarding the LGBTQI* community
- Experience and knowledge regarding non-monogamy, open relationships, polyamory and relationship anarchy
- Wide range of knowledge across different theories and fields of human experience
I believe in reconciling inner conflict to acquire peace
I was born and raised in Mexico City. In my youth I spent time in the USA and in Canada, until I moved permanently to Germany at the age of 26. Since then I live happily in the city of Berlin.
My initial formation was in visual arts and I attained a master’s degree (MFA) in Documentary Film in the Filmuniversität Babelsberg in Potsdam, Germany. Film introduced me to the notion of creating a narrative of life . This ignited a desire in me to learn how to recreate our own “film” of life into something we love .
I really enjoy working with couples and other romantic constellations, because I connect deeply with the human desire to bond. I have also pursued this in a scientific manner, as my thesis project was based on the construction and evaluation of a couples therapy model. I am currently studying for a Master’s degree in Psychology at the Technical University of Dresden.